Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  33 Votes
  •  
The Highest Level of Enlightenment
Guest_
I have just ordered this course and I will post here my thoughts. Many people have spoken very highly of it so I'm looking forward to listening to it.

Edited by God_loves on 2005/3/3 12:42:32

Posted on: 2004/12/3 14:55
  •  
The Highest Level of Enlightenment REVIEW
Guest_
The Highest Level of Enlightenment is fantastic. While I love Dr. Hawkins books, it is nice to be able to hear him speak as well. Dr. Hawkins lectures are always great. He does an excellent job of exposing the Truth of the teachings.

Dr Hawkins shares many profound Truths:

• Learn what spiritual technique Dr. Hawkins thinks is even more effective than meditation.
  • He demonstrates how anyone can learn to tell Truth vs. Falsehood
  • What is Devotional non-duality and how does it benefit us?
  • How we can learn to separate the Ego's endless desires from that which will create true happiness.
  • Learn why the idea of Causality is an illusion and how belief in simple cause and effect may be holding back your spiritual progress
  • Learn the reason why Gandhi was able to defeat the most powerful empire on the Planet in his time.
  • Learn why people do things that are not 'reasonable'.
  • Hear Dr. Hawkins describe why the core of your essense will never die.
  • On CD 2 Dr. Hawkins teaches us the spiritual truths that help to free us from Anxiety.
  • Learn how you can attract love in your life on CD 6.
  • Listening to these CD's will help you overcome your fear of death so that you can fully enjoy your life.

What I especially appreciate about these CD's is the interplay between Dr. Hawkins speaking about the Truth and Nikko explaining how that Truth has impacted his own life. As an added bonus, there is a whole CD of Nikko chanting the Lotus Sutra.

I have been listening to these wonderful CD's while driving around in my car and I feel transformed. If you would like to experience the power of this information yourself, click on the Image of the set below.

I've created a free ecourse that shares the answers to the questions above. You email will be kept private because I respect you and I respect your time.

Get this FREE 7 part course sharing answers to help you with your spiritual progress.
The greatest journey begins with the smallest step. 

E-mail Address:

Edited by God_loves on 2005/3/3 12:42:47
Edited by God_loves on 2005/3/3 13:03:43
Edited by God_loves on 2005/3/3 13:04:48
Edited by God_loves on 2005/3/15 17:31:13
Edited by God_loves on 2005/3/15 17:34:50
Edited by God_loves on 2005/3/15 17:35:25
Edited by give1st on 2005/5/16 17:46:08
Edited by give1st on 2005/5/16 17:46:41
Edited by Bryan on 2005/6/13 17:40:31
Edited by Bryan on 2005/6/13 17:42:06
Edited by Bryan on 2005/7/11 13:53:46

Posted on: 2005/1/6 14:12
  •  
Re: The Highest Level of Enlightenment REVIEW
Guest_
HI Bryan, I'm just wondering if the CD's are pretty much the same as the information that can be heard on 'Beyond the Ordinary'? Is there anything not covered on the CD's that I haven't heard from BTO?

Edited by Bryan on 2005/7/11 13:54:15

Posted on: 2005/3/9 13:04
  •  
Why this material is different
Guest_
The greatest difference is that I believe this course was designed to be stand alone information course.

The Highest Level of Enlightenment audio course seems to contain all the major information compiled into one neat little package.

While I'm an avid reader, I love audio because I can listen to it in the background as I exercise or drive to places.

So this audio helps me to keep the Principles close at mind. Every time I expose myself to Dr. Hawkins work I seem to pick up something new.

Beyond the Ordinary.net is a great resource. However that seems to be more of a Q & A format. I think that the information shared on that show is of greatest benefit to someone that has already read Power vs. Force or has listened to the Highest Level of Enlightenment.

Blessings.

Edited by God_loves on 2005/3/15 17:23:14
Edited by Bryan on 2005/6/13 17:42:50

Posted on: 2005/3/10 15:28
  •  
Re: Why this material is different
Guest_
If you go to Dr. Hawkins' site www.veritaspub.com, you will see that CDs and DVDs are offered for each monthly seminar he conducts in Sedona. Each set CD set contains over four hours of materials, including lecture by Dr. Hawkins and Q&A from the audience. I have the course of 7 CDs that Bryan mentions, as well as all of the 2005 monthly series, most of the 2004 monthly series and more than two dozen archival audiotapes on various topics including letting go of disease, dealing with cancer, etc. I have also read all four of Dr. Hawkins' books to date. There is always new material in each and every CD, book and tape. Also, each time I listen, I pick up more tidbits of information, or find that I understand something better.
Posted on: 2005/9/18 15:44
  •  
Re: The Highest Level of Enlightenment
Guest_
what is spirituality and the meaning
Posted on: 2006/9/25 19:38
  •  
Guest_
I listened to this after getting a copy through inter-library loan. Nice. Anyway, if you want to get it through inter-library loan I think this will be all the information your librarian needs to get it for you ...

There are 3 libraries in the world with this on audiocassette:

Author(s): Hawkins, David R., 1927-
Publication: Niles, IL :; Nightingale-Conant,
Year: 2003
Description: 7 sound cassettes :; analog + Includes: 1 pamphlet.
Language: English
Standard No: Publisher: 23660A; Nightingale-Conant
Class Descriptors: Dewey: 155.2/34
Responsibility: David Hawkins.
Material Type: Non-musical recording (nsr); Cassette recording (cas)
Document Type: Sound Recording
Entry: 20040310
Update: 20040615
Accession No: OCLC: 54674435
Database: WorldCat

All Libraries that Own Item: "The highest level of enli..."( Record for Item | Get This Item )
Location Library Code
US,AL BIRMINGHAM-JEFFERSON LIBR ABJ
-----------------------------------------------
US,IN INDIANAPOLIS-MARION CNTY PUB LIBR IMD
-----------------------------------------------
US,WA SEATTLE PUB LIBR UOK

There are 5 libraries in the world with this on CD:

Author(s): Hawkins, David R., 1927-
Publication: Niles, IL :; Nightingale-Conant,
Year: 2003
Description: 7 sound discs :; digital ;; 4 3/4 in.
Language: English
Standard No: Publisher: 23660CD; Nightingale Conant
Note(s): Subtitle from container./ Seventh compact disc is a bonus CD: The lotus sutra, performed by Nikko Hansen./ Participants: Read by the author.
Class Descriptors: Dewey: 155.2
Responsibility: David Hawkins.
Material Type: Non-musical recording (nsr); CD audio (cda)
Document Type: Sound Recording
Entry: 20040816
Update: 20041017
Accession No: OCLC: 56201943
Database: WorldCat

Location Library Code
US,CO DENVER PUB LIBR DPL
----------------------------------------
US,OK TULSA CITY-CNTY LIBR TUL
----------------------------------------
US,WA KING CNTY LIBR SYST NTG
US,WA KITSAP REG LIBR YEQ
US,WA NORTH CENT REG LIBR OEI
Posted on: 2007/6/27 15:33
  •  
Guest_
Hello Bryan!

Please tell me if you can, what spiritual technique Dr. Hawkins thinks is even more effective than meditation.

I really need this...

Thank you very much!
Posted on: 2011/11/20 8:30
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

aveul wrote:
Hello Bryan!

Please tell me if you can, what spiritual technique Dr. Hawkins thinks is even more effective than meditation.

I really need this...

Thank you very much!

Contemplation

He's made this recommendation numerous times during lectures. I'll see if I can find a helpful exact lecture quote on the topic. In the meantime, as I recall, he points out that meditation is something you do at a specific time for a specific duration, such as each morning for a half hour. Contemplation, as he points out is something you can do all of the time, and to use his words, it's "making your life a prayer".

In practice, for myself, it involves the intention to notice a particular automatic behavior I'd like to transcend, with the understanding that simply noticing it will begin to decrease its prevalence. It requires patience, and the willingness to be satisfied with progress, rather than trying to achieve a hypothetical ideal such as the idea I should be free of it immediately or even quickly...or shouldn't have it in the first place! Chuckle. There are habits going on in my subjectivity that are deep rooted, some seem to be survival based, and I have no idea how long it will take for them to be transcended.

So for me, contemplation is being mindful, being aware of what's going on in the subjectivity and therefore noticing the automatic habits, such as aversions, attractions, or positionalities, when they "pop in" and noticing any inner judgement about what is observed. The intention to be mindful, in my experience, does increase the probability I will be more mindful, and is an example of "What you hold in mind tends to manifest". I have to be willing to look at any subjective habits (thinkingness, emotions, opinions, positionalities, aversions, animal urges, etc.) no matter how "distasteful" I may find it (radical self-honesty), to own it as being my responsibility, and ask God to remove it, as in the 12 steps.

There may be an automatic habit to blame someone else for some inner disturbance, rather than own it, but that too can be simply observed, and need not be judged. It seems that what is gradually going on is that I'm going from "being asleep at the wheel", to being awake and aware of what's going on, all of the time. Said another way, one is going from being an unconscious participant/puppet, at the whim of whatever thought/emotion/image that pops into the "inner arena", to being the witness/observer of the "inner circus". Sometimes its so absurd in my "inner arena", when lost in "puppet-ness", that calling it a circus seems appropriate and allows a bit of humor to be injected.

A quote from Dr. Hawkins that I recall suggests, to paraphrase, "You hold in mind the state of awareness to which you aspire". For myself, the intention is to continuously be in the place of witnessing all of what goes on in the "inner arena", rather than getting lost in it, or attempting to force a change. I have no idea how long it will take, so I've dropped the hypothetical ideas about it, and I jump with joy with each increase of inner freedom, no matter how seemingly slight. Dr. Hawkins once pointed out that the work itself is satisfying and gratifying. God bless him for blazing a trail, I'm eternally grateful. Blessings, Russ
Posted on: 2011/11/20 13:05
  •  
Guest_
It's one of my favorite Hawkins products, period. My wife and I have probably listened to it more than 30 or even 50 times, who knows..

I could probably recite the whole thing, lol :)

But anyway, the Nightingale-Conant products are really great, and they're probably easier to understand than, say, the book "I". He's really casual in them, and probably (just guessing) toning it down a bit so that folks of more ordinary consciousness levels can understand him. Which is great because I probably don't have the best IQ, and the first time I read "I", I had to look up about 100 new words in the dictionary. :)

TvF was probably even worse. :)
Posted on: 2011/12/5 12:51
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
(1) 2 »

Register To Post

Array

Spiritual Bazaar

Beware, the Path
is straight and narrow.
We do not endorse these ads
They're computer generated

Thanks Top Posters