Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes
  •  
What Heaven will Dr. Hawkins go to?
Guest_
Dr. Hawkins has stated many times that there is a heaven for all the different religions. I wonder which one he will go to? He's shared how he went to a Zen Center and it is fairly clear that he was Buddhist in his last incarnation (following the Pathway of Negation; his teacher seems to have probably been Huang Po from his comments.

However, he was also a crusader during the Crusades, at his last lecture he said, "...in the name of our L-rd, Jesus Christ..." He also said that when he went through the final door, he say Jesus had been there, but I would assume a Buddhist would see Buddha had been there or Krishna had been there (unless they got to 1,000 without going through the Final Doorway somehow).

What heaven do you believe he'll go to? Could anyone muscle-test this?
Posted on: 2012/3/1 19:28
  •  
Re: What Heaven will Dr. Hawkins go to?
Guest_
Quote:

39clues wrote:

What heaven do you believe he'll go to? Could anyone muscle-test this?

Based on my understanding of the Doc's work, this question of which heaven the Doc will go too doesn't apply (neither to him or any other person with an LoC over 600 who leaves the physical body permanently.

Heaven is for those entities between LoC 200 and LoC 599 (I think there is a chart of this in the book I:R&S)

In that experience that you mention, I think the Doc "saw" all of those who had been there - not just Jesus Christ.

All the best

Bob
Posted on: 2012/3/1 20:33
  •  
Guest_
I'm not sure. I assume you're referring to where it breaks down the celestial realms and higher heavens (nonform) on page 351. However, I don't see anything there which is an indication of that which you intimated.

I calibrated as true that Dr. Hawkins will go to the Christian heaven. Just to be sure, I calibrated that he will go to the Buddhist heaven (false), that he will go to a different heaven than these two (false), that he will not go to the Christian heaven (false). For those who might say that I have a bias towards Christianity, in fact, I have chosen the Jewish pathway.

People who are not yet enlightened yet still above 200 seem to me like they will keep incarnating (thereby that they could not literally enter those heavens), but that only above 600 will someone stop incarnating (and some don't even stop them; in Dr. Hawkins last lifetime he reached the Void at 850). It's hard to know since obviously no one has opted out of incarnation while a human. If the Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, etc. heavens are only up to 599, though, how could Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, etc. (entities all way above 600) still be in them? Maybe I'm confused.
Posted on: 2012/3/1 22:08
  •  
Guest_
I thought he said that we go to a heaven that is in accord with our consciousness..not with our religion.

Intuitively it just seems too literal to infer that there's some dualistic set of separate heavens that persist even for those above LoC 600.

I think of it as though we are born into karmically perfect circumstances...maybe a Christian family, maybe a Buddhist or Hindu family...maybe an atheist family...in a sense we are born into one appearance of the world, which is not necessarily the only lens of the world that we're confined to.
With respect to our transition into the afterlife, I expect that it is similar...that we enter into karmically perfect circumstances...that we receive a welcome that is contextually appropriate...if we're a Christian, we'll experience welcome into heaven as a Christian, or conversely, a Buddhist reception for one with a Buddhist background...however, as with life, there's more to it than our first impressions...it's not that Christian or Buddhist heaven is separate from the other...I mean, this is a Christian world AND a Buddhist one, right? why would heaven divide us?

-Rob
Posted on: 2012/3/1 22:36
  •  
Guest_
My understanding is that the person's karma determines where the person goes upon 'death'. If the person is Enlightened, then karma no longer applies because all karma is dissolved.

In yoga, there is a process called Mahasamadhi which is performed by Enlightened persons. It is effectively a dissolving of individuated consciousness. The person is no longer an individual consciousness that feels any need to reincarnate or to go to any heaven. The state is pure bliss and therefore is 'heaven' in a non-literal sense that has nothing to do with a place or a specific religion. The person does not - in effect - return to an individuated state for they would feel no need to do so.

I think this is the only obvious pathway for someone fully Realized. They are already part of Cosmic Oneness, spiritually, while still having a locus within a body. With the death of the body, there is nothing left to incarnate, whether in another body or a heaven.

Blessings,
Michael
Posted on: 2012/3/2 18:37
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

Robcore wrote:
I thought he said that we go to a heaven that is in accord with our consciousness..not with our religion.

Intuitively it just seems too literal to infer that there's some dualistic set of separate heavens that persist even for those above LoC 600.

I think of it as though we are born into karmically perfect circumstances...maybe a Christian family, maybe a Buddhist or Hindu family...maybe an atheist family...in a sense we are born into one appearance of the world, which is not necessarily the only lens of the world that we're confined to.
With respect to our transition into the afterlife, I expect that it is similar...that we enter into karmically perfect circumstances...that we receive a welcome that is contextually appropriate...if we're a Christian, we'll experience welcome into heaven as a Christian, or conversely, a Buddhist reception for one with a Buddhist background...however, as with life, there's more to it than our first impressions...it's not that Christian or Buddhist heaven is separate from the hI other...I mean, this is a Christian world AND a Buddhist one, right? why would heaven divide us?

-Rob

He says and calibrated that each religion has it's own heSven in the 2006 Satsang series if you would like to hear more :)
Posted on: 2012/3/2 18:55
  •  
Guest_
Well, I'd be curious what the context was. Was he talking in reference to the enlightened? or to average folks that don't make it all the way in this lifetime?

In the Satsangs he seems to answer questions pertaining to specific concerns that questioners have...so I don't expect his answer was given with reference to enlightened beings going on to different heavens, but to those people who are not enlightened and who maintain attachments to their religious backgrounds...

In any case, I'm sure God's reception services are far more advanced than we can fathom ;) I'm sure it's impossible to end up in a rendition of heaven that isn't absolutely perfectly in accord with our individual consciousness' state.

-Rob
Posted on: 2012/3/2 19:35
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

Robcore wrote:

In the Satsangs he seems to answer questions pertaining to specific concerns that questioners have...so I don't expect his answer was given with reference to enlightened beings going on to different heavens, but to those people who are not enlightened and who maintain attachments to their religious backgrounds...

-Rob

In the book I Am That, a questioner asks: When an ordinary man dies, what happens to him? to which Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj replies: According to his belief it happens, As life before death is but imagination, so is life after. The dream continues.

This seems to tie in with what the Doc has taught, in that there is a heaven for every religion/culture - even a Valhalla for those friendly Nordic Folk of an age long gone.

I would hazard a guess that there is a heaven for "genuine" atheists who calibrate over LoC 200 - although what form that might take I have no idea...
Posted on: 2012/3/2 20:15
  •  
Guest_
The place in the books that Dr. Hawkins talks about this the most is "I:R&S", pgs. 254-257.

"Q: What are the various karmic potentialities of consciouness after death?
A: They calibrate as follows:
Consciousness Levels below 200 = Various Levels of Hells and the Lower Astral Domains
Consciousness Levels 200-240 = Inner Astral Planes
Consciousness Levels 240-500 = Higher Astral Planes
Consciousness Levels 501-600 = Celestial Realm
Consciousness Levels 600+ = Higher Heavens (nonform)"

The middle three levels comprising LoC 200-600 are bracketed as "Heavens; persistence of form".

So, it seem that anyone above 600 goes to a heaven of non-form, which more than implies that it has nothing to do with any religion. Further, he states in other books that at consciousness levels above 600, those that operate within a religion no longer feel bound by dogma in particular, naturally aligning themselves with the pure form of spirituality that is the source of all religions. I'll try to find the exact quote. But, that is the essence of it.

Blessings,
Michael
Posted on: 2012/3/2 20:20
  •  
Guest_
I seem to recall Doc analogizing the non-physical domain as a mansion with many many rooms. That one's consciousness determines the room one gravitates to and also the rooms one may visit. For example, if one was aligned with a religious conviction that only members of a specific faith could goto heaven then you may goto that heaven but not have the freedom (or maybe awareness) to visit other "rooms."

I believe there is a saying in buddhism that goes something like: The purpose of religion is to transcend it.

I am just a spiritual kindergartener but it seems that the practice of devotional non-duality may progressively raise ones consciousness toward the Unity of everything. We may progressively wake up from "ego hypnosis" and recognize how peculiar it is to have cravings for an individual self-sufficient existence. I suppose these cravings are also attributed to (maybe a collective equivalent to) the personal ego. I think of it simply as a dualistic energy that both fears death and seeks to supplant God/Unity via individuation. The latter being the expression of the former.

I suppose that as ones cravings are experientially washed away by genuine devotion and divine assistance one simply goes home - into the Allness and Unity. Not separate from those still suffering from dualistic hypnosis but as a more pure aspect of that Unity to which we all belong. Maybe a return to what one was before the "fall?"

It would seem that at this point religion and duality is transcended. It would seem that there are no rooms or imaginary walls and that there is no "mansion" either. It seems that heaven for someone that leaves the body with an enlightened consciousness enmeshes with the aspect of the Unity to bring more light to the rest of us. A humble service that unfolds of its own.

As a spiritual kindergartener most of what i have to offer on the topic are intellectualizations. I have not calibrated my statements and am just sharing. Many blessings and may we all gracefully and boldly return home.
Posted on: 2012/3/3 19:48
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
(1) 2 »

Register To Post

Array

Spiritual Bazaar

Beware, the Path
is straight and narrow.
We do not endorse these ads
They're computer generated

Thanks Top Posters

1 Robcore 1419