Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  4 Votes
  •  
Devotional Nonduality
Guest_
Dr. Hawkins will be releasing his new book, Devotional Nonduality sometime this year. If I find out when I'll let you know.

In the interim, I was curious how you practiced Devotional Nonduality.

Personally, I try to surrender everything that comes up that seems to trigger resistence.

I also use the mantra, "What am I?"

I practice TLC Yoga when I seem stuck.

Finally I try to read a book of high calibration before I go to bed.

What do you do in your personal spiritual practice?

May you find Peace,
Bryan
Posted on: 2006/8/9 15:57
  •  
Re: Devotional Nonduality
Guest_
Bryan

I have a specific routine that I use every morning.
This has developed over the years that I used it. First I get Centered and grounded by going within and connecting with my heart chakra. Then I use a Golden Thread of my own energy and sed it to the earth's core loop it around the core and back to me. Going up through the base chakra and once again into the heart, then I tie it with a bowtie to the heart.

Then I thank God for everything in my life, and everything that will be a part of my life, then I forgive everything in the past unconditionally and let all of the past go.

For a long time I also did this before I retired at night.

After going through the Archangel Michael channeling school the depth of this changed drasticly, and so the amount of time it takes to do this routine is much less.

Regardless of the routine that you may use it is the persistance, determination, and tenacity that you have that brings about the positive changes. Because we are all Creatures Of Habit we have a tendencey to Return To Our Previous ways of doing stuff. Change is never coerced - we live entirely through freewill - consequently - Thoughts, Beliefs, and perceptions become embeded into the conscious/subconscious patterns that we all have. We don't always recognize that we made the choice to accept that particular Pattern-Set of things. But now because we did we have to live through them.

This Set Of Patterns soon becomes FORM; that form outpictures itself in each life coloring our world through its filter. Unfortunately it has to justify itself and so it brings to the individual person those situations in which it can justify its existence, either through them personally or around them in some way.

Devotional Non Duality, in my opinion, means that during the stage of eliminating personal duality one has to become focused on constant change that moves in a single direction. That direction presupposes Singularity Of Purpose and Personality. Therefore, it is the job of each individual to find that Reference-Point that can initiate a foundation of solidarity for that particular reference-point.

For me that reference-point has always been Absolute-Truth.

There is, within the universe Absoluteness, just as there is Knowingness, therefore when you align yourself to absoluteness you create a foundation that can't get to far out of alignment with universal principles and that functionality. Unfortunately, we live in a realm that permits duality to exist simultaneously with singularity. Because of that it permits each individual to experience a wealth of learning situations geared specifically to their personal evolutionary journey. Understanding this, brings to those individuals a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction in the knowledge of the true significence of physical life.

Each individual must decide for themselves exactly what this particular workability is going to be. Once the diversity of choices has been articulated a decision must be made and a focus of attention put into play. With that in place certain situations will unfold as to the validity of that decision based on truth or falsity, fact or fiction, illusion or reality. Because of the absolute nature of the universe your primary function is to find that alignment which will most satisfy your ideas of fulfillment.

Of course that can also change because nothing in the physical realm is fixed, except the laws that govern it. When you can understand "Potentiality" as one of the governing principles things begin to fall into place. Potentiality always resides in neutrality until some activating force (your mind) moves it in some other direction. Once that happens the other 12 laws form around that decision to make it unfold. Consequently, every decision has a realm of consequence about it, however it is your personal perception of those consequences that either promote joy and happiness or pain, misery and suffering, in your life.

Denny Schmidt
Posted on: 2006/8/10 9:22
  •  
Guest_
Nowadays I just sit.

I sit
and I read,
and I write,
and I sigh,
and I laugh,
and I cry.

I just love having a computer!

Learner.
Posted on: 2006/8/10 11:19
  •  
Guest_
Posted on: 2006/8/11 19:35
  •  
Guest_
I try to look at things through the context of Hawkins' teachings, when I can. This allows me to keep tabs on and correct my spiritual course / state when I'm lacking and to gain understanding from life.

From time to time, I practice the "full vision field" contemplation mentioned in other threads.

Several times a day, I just reach out and "touch" the field of Divinity... kind of a "Hey, God, I know you're there... I can feel you" with a feeling of a smile inside, that warm glow and peace of knowing the Divine is all around.

I don't often practice sitting meditation anymore, nor do I do any formalized release type technique (though I guess I naturally do release things... maybe not perfectly all the time *lol*). I do observe / examine emotions as they come most of the time.

In essence, I could do more, but then I'm also not in a race, so I allow myself whatever progress as it comes. Posting in here helps me. Someone recently described it as I experience it... to paraphrase, communicating things helps me to clarify them in myself and possibly realize and learn other things. Reading in here helps me often, too... some posts humble me in their truth and compassion and there are others I learn from or which spark a realization related to their content.

And, of course, I will read more Hawkins when the books come out and get more videos in the future. I'd also like to read some of the other books on my shelves!

Tim
Posted on: 2006/8/11 19:40
  •  
Guest_
I meditate twice a day. I basically do the Spiritual First Aid procedure that DH describes in I:RAS followed by meditating in more of peripheral way. I have also practiced self-inquiry at this point which seems to be very similar to peripheral meditation.

I usually do the 'release technique' on a pretty regular basis to deal with negatives. I also simply do my best to forgive and be loving and compassionate both as a meditation and contemplatively through the day.

A little prayer and that pretty much sums it up.
Peace.
Posted on: 2006/8/12 15:35
  •  
Guest_
By the way, the new book Devotional Nonduality has now been released. I went to veritaspub and looked around for a bit without even knowing it. It's not in any predominant place. It's simply on the book list now. Good luck.
Posted on: 2006/8/12 16:08
  •  
Guest_
Hello,

Sage, thanks for the heads up!

Good Luck and God bless

JCaesar
Posted on: 2006/8/12 19:45
  •  
Guest_
Just got my copy Of "DND" yesterday and basically finished it in a little over 10 hours...WOW...time to start the more devotional/detailed read...
Posted on: 2006/10/7 18:04
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

Bryan wrote:
Dr. Hawkins will be releasing his new book, Devotional Nonduality sometime this year. If I find out when I'll let you know.

In the interim, I was curious how you practiced Devotional Nonduality.

Personally, I try to surrender everything that comes up that seems to trigger resistence.

I also use the mantra, "What am I?"

I practice <a href="http://www.level-of-consciousness.org ... orumpost4412">TLC Yoga</a> when I seem stuck.

Finally I try to read a book of high calibration before I go to bed.

What do you do in your personal spiritual practice?

May you find Peace,
Bryan

I think that there's no Nonduality to practize.
If you practizie Nonduality you create a duality: You and the one to practize.
Nonduality is something that is the nature of us. You have to be aware of the duality and you become more and more nonduality.
Posted on: 2006/10/8 15:50
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
(1) 2 3 »

Register To Post

Array

Spiritual Bazaar

Beware, the Path
is straight and narrow.
We do not endorse these ads
They're computer generated

Thanks Top Posters

1 Robcore 1419