Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  
Re: Tip for those who wish they could make spiritual progress easier
Guest_
I think I am the only one that posted this site as being "stagnant", at least most recently. I was trying to blame the site for my seemingly personal lack of progress. Sorry for the confusion.
But I do think activity has slowed since the Doc's passing. Which I think has more to do with people in want of a living master. I can't quote DRH but I believe he stressed the importance of a living master too(but I'm not exactly sure if or where he said that).
The easiest person to fool is our own self.
Posted on: 2014/10/31 0:19
  •  
Guest_
As a bonus to this thread (that has basically reached its ending point), here are a couple quotes I just found back. I wrote them just before I conceptualized the long talk you can find on the first page.

Initially I didn't share them because I felt they could be misunderstood somehow. Not so much now ;)

Quote:
Listen to all the feelings in your body like you would sit back to listen to all the instruments making a song simultaneously

Quote:
I used to make the mistake to focus on a specific area of my body (stomach) while surrendering. Though it is indeed a valve from which the pressure is released, it is one's whole body one has to be aware of while surrendering.

They were the first things I wrote down when I realized all this surrendering stuff.

Hope you enjoy it!
Posted on: 2014/11/7 15:19
  •  
Guest_
Hey all,

Little update on the tips to surrendering. Although I still stand by all I've written above, for the sake of practicality, I've basically shifted my practice from main-feeling/resistance/calm to just main-feeling/resistances.

Adding awareness of the calm spots still rocks the casbah, but it's just too much of a stretch sometimes and being aware of all the feelings going on (the main one and the resistances) is just simpler, more practical and still very effective.

Funnily enough, it's basically what is described in Letting Go in the all-important page 19 (I think), where Dr. Hawkins describes the method of surrendering is detail. I find it amusing and somewhat ironic that eventually, I shifted back to quite precisely what is advised by the doc in The Book.

However this topic still have a place because it offers another perspective on letting go, that can help understand better the original work, which is only one or two pages long.

So long!
Posted on: 2014/12/5 11:21
  •  
Guest_
Hey everyone,

I would like to thank all the people who participated in those 1000 views. Considering what a narrow subject this is -details on the process of surrendering, by contrast with, let's say, soccer - I find this number of views pretty amazing.

As far as I can see, this thread is the Woodstock of the letting go method, so I wish to thank you all for making it that.

Hope to see you around!
Posted on: 2014/12/18 19:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
« 1 (2)

Register To Post

Array

Spiritual Bazaar

Beware, the Path
is straight and narrow.
We do not endorse these ads
They're computer generated

Thanks Top Posters