Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  
Surrendering Structures
Guest_
Hi

I hope what I am trying to ask is understood, so...
Would surrendering belief systems be the same as developing a new system of belief? The belief to not belief or something like that? Obviously, a line is made somewhere, but how is it different from surrender becoming a new system of belief? A sort of faith perhaps. What do you think?
g
Posted on: 2014/1/30 16:02
  •  
Re: Surrendering Structures
Guest_
Quote:

Would surrendering belief systems be the same as developing a new system of belief? The belief to not belief or something like that? Obviously, a line is made somewhere, but how is it different from surrender becoming a new system of belief? A sort of faith perhaps. What do you think?
g

Hi G

If I were to give you my opinion on this topic, it might end up as part a belief system within you.

What do you hope to gain from this inquiry beyond another concept to get caught up in?

I can tell you about my own experience with surrendering/releasing. It's a continuous process. What is being surrendered I cannot say, but these days it seems I am surrendering particular behavioural patterns.

Surrendering belief systems may be happening alongside all of this, but I cannot say for sure since it is just to far from direct experience...

LB

All the best with
Posted on: 2014/1/30 22:20
  •  
Re: Surrendering Structures
Guest_
For me, surrender leads often to inner silence (lapse of mind chatter). I consider it an indication that no new thoughts are being generated.

At the same time, these states will also transform existing beliefs, so I guess in that sense there is development of a new belief system. For example, having let go of resentment against a lot of people, I cannot help but think of people in a more benevolent way. I personally don't think it is a belief system, I think it is the "intrinsic benevolence", the ananda part of sat-chit-ananda.

all the best
vB
Posted on: 2014/1/31 15:26
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post

Array

Spiritual Bazaar

Beware, the Path
is straight and narrow.
We do not endorse these ads
They're computer generated

Thanks Top Posters