Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes
  •  
Re: Public Service Announcement
Guest_
Bruce,

I am wondering how you came to these conclusions?

Quote:

bruce wrote:
Hey members,

- Robert Smalley doesn't know what he is doing with his calibrations.
- Robert Smalley's reports are apt to do more harm than good.
- Buying Robert Smalley's reports are at best a waste of money. At worst, they are a 'bum steer'.
- Robert Smalley doesn't have nearly the spiritual advancement that he claims. He is not an authority.

This has been a public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood Bruce! Have a pleasant afternoon!
Posted on: 2014/2/20 9:20
  •  
Guest_
Hi SeekerNY,

It was from hearing about results he gave someone else, which allowed me to see the results he gave me with a more critical eye, instead of a naïve one. You can see the comments Russ made earlier on the thread for more description, as applied to estrella's results.

Lately, I have also been getting a bunch of (unsolicited) messages from Robert with a more 'financially related' bent. Buy my relationship questionnaire, buy my herbal remedies or supplements or whatever they are. Shit like that... "Cleanse and purify and I shall exalt thee to the throne of power!" These messages came after the post in question I made, but are confirmatory of my latest opinion of him.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." The proverb doesn't speak to individuals who get fooled a third time (I bought three reports), but I certainly don't want anything more from Robert Smalley.

Love and blessings,
Bruce

PS. How does one hold "God-perfection" in mind anyway? Besides, according to Robert's metrics I have achieved at least FIVE percent of God perfection in every area he measured! A lifetime achievement! (Not that I believe any of that stuff anymore)...
Posted on: 2014/2/20 13:16
  •  
Guest_
I am not sure you are entirely correct about him, but I was starting to get some doubts as well. If your conclusions are correct, this would be very disappointing to me. I was hoping for a good guide and mentor.

Quote:

bruce wrote:
Hi SeekerNY,

It was from hearing about results he gave someone else, which allowed me to see the results he gave me with a more critical eye, instead of a naïve one. You can see the comments Russ made earlier on the thread for more description, as applied to estrella's results.

Lately, I have also been getting a bunch of (unsolicited) messages from Robert with a more 'financially related' bent. Buy my relationship questionnaire, buy my herbal remedies or supplements or whatever they are. Shit like that... "Cleanse and purify and I shall exalt thee to the throne of power!" These messages came after the post in question I made, but are confirmatory of my latest opinion of him.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." The proverb doesn't speak to individuals who get fooled a third time (I bought three reports), but I certainly don't want anything more from Robert Smalley.

Love and blessings,
Bruce

PS. How does one hold "God-perfection" in mind anyway? Besides, according to Robert's metrics I have achieved at least FIVE percent of God perfection in every area he measured! A lifetime achievement! (Not that I believe any of that stuff anymore)...
Posted on: 2014/2/21 20:45
  •  
Guest_
Yes, I know it is disappointing, but it may save pain to know. That is how I see it for myself.

Love and blessings,
Bruce
Posted on: 2014/2/21 21:32
  •  
Guest_
One option is to use that experience to make better choices now. Blaming Smalley does not add anything and it would be helpful to process it somehow (by surrender or tapping or whatever method you know).
Posted on: 2014/2/22 8:53
  •  
Guest_
Very true. For myself, I ask what weaknesses led to this suckering in process.

I would say it was: my desire to quantify and parametrize spirituality, spiritual pride (wanting to be classed as 100% God perfection), and ambition (not being satisfied with where I am). Also the desire to put another head above my own - I don't know why that is so tempting, but it is for me somehow...

Love and blessings,
Bruce
Posted on: 2014/2/23 9:19
  •  
Guest_
I have had a few experiences with RS and can say that his calibrations are def not 99%

He also calibrated me at multiple levels between 250-385. They did seeem to make sense at the time.

He calibrated a friend of mine at 100 which I know for a fact was inaccurate. She is the sweetest girl, yoga teacher on the spiritual path.

My last calibration with him really made me dissapointed. I was taking a medication and began getting really bad side effects from it. I thought it may have been from being on it so long. I asked him what was wrong with me giving multiple options. He said it was the medication. Which was true. I then asked if it is the new generic that I was taking or if the medication had turned on me. He said the medication has turned on you and to start tapering. This was False. It turned out to be something wrong with the new generic. This was serious stuff. If I had taken that advice I would of been extremely sick and not have been able to work. Maybe it was the way he asked the questions but this really made me lose faith. I do think he means well and may get fairly accurate numbers but like others say def not what he claims.

I hope he is at least integrous there were a few things that made me skeptical about him. I was asking him some questions after purchasing his survey. If anyone has calibrated him could you send me a PM.

I can't seem to get accurate responses with the O ring method.
Posted on: 2014/10/18 15:06
  •  
Guest_
I believe Robert Smalley is integrous and has good intentions, but, like others in this thread, I am starting to realize that some of his calibrations might be very inaccurate. Then again, I don't think kinesiology, even when used by very enlightened individuals, is completely accurate (or anywhere close to 99%). So the errors in Robert Smalley's calibrations may simply be a part of the inherent error involved in the method. It is a little troubling, however, that Smalley appears to be so inaccurate with calibrating someone's general LoC on occasion. On the whole, I felt that at least 80% of his calibrations for my personal survey were accurate and I found it beneficial to have certain possible deficiencies in my spiritual development highlighted or revealed to me, so I don't think that Smalley is a scam or something.
Posted on: 2014/12/3 11:34
  •  
Guest_
I remember taking a look at RS's website where he claimed 99% accuracy and I wondering if he used his k-testing method to come to the conclusion that his k-testing method is 99% accurate. Chuckle.

Another thing that seems off is his claim that he can assist with the rapid development of one’s expansion of consciousness. Who knows. Doc didn't make claims like that. He gave us the tools that worked for him and it was up to us to apply them. The outcome of our application is unknown, unpredictable.

Sometimes at lectures people would ask specific questions and sometimes Doc would get permission (using his wife's arm) to ask about whether or not something was in the highest good for the questioner. Sometimes he did not get permission. I recall a few times where people asked him what their LOC was and on only one occasion did I ever hear him publicly give a questioner's LOC.

Typically he recommended not focusing on one's LOC, but to just do the work as he outlined. As he pointed out, the ego was either going to be inflated by a high number or bummed out by a low number. I've tended to stay away from wondering or worrying about LOC and just have gratitude for any and all spiritual progress, such as a significant reduction in self-judgment. Never knew that could change so dramatically, but it has.

Does anyone know whether or not RS uses self-testing/solo or does he use a partner's arm?

I do recall Doc talking about someone online who would give LOC's for a fee and claimed it would raise their LOC, but he did not say who it was. He did make it quite clear that it was unwise to naively seek out such things online, and I wholeheartedly agree. We really have no idea what we are actually dealing with online or if they are reliable. Frankly, that includes all that is shared on forums. I really don't know the intentions or degree of integrity of anyone on any forum, but even someone of high integrity can be mistaken and give bogus feedback to others. (Of course you can say that about me and this post) I realize the wish for a mentor or some certainty may lead one to seek out online help, but damn, it sure seems risky to me. I had the good fortune of attending some of Dr. Hawkins' lectures and asked him questions on five or six occasions, but nearly everything I've gotten from his teachings came directly from his books and lecture recordings, not unknowns on the internet.

Not long ago I befriended a person on facebook, and during the coarse of our exchanges, the person revealed that they were below 200, were extremely disappointed to be "nonintegrous", and hoped that some lifetime they'd be integrous/above 200. I'd been observing this person's posts on a group and it was quite clear they were very interested in Dr. Hawkins' work and that they were interested in truth, neither of which were likely to be the case if the person was below 200. I pointed this out, but there was no shaking this person's conviction. I eventually asked this person how they knew they were below 200 and the person said their teacher told them. The "teacher" claimed he was enlightened and that he had been a student of Dr. Hawkins teachings. The person I interacted with had found this "teacher" online, and had then had phone conversations with this "teacher". It pained me to see this person being misled so I expressed my doubt about the authenticity of this "teacher", which led to being unfriended and blocked. So be it. I took a look at the website of the so-called teacher and it was immediately obvious he was a bullshit peddler, that it was astonishing he had followers, and yet, apparently he does. This peddler and RS both name drop Dr. Hawkins numerous times on their websites and use some "Doc speak" to perhaps make themselves seem more authentic.

A very close and wise friend of mine likes to say, "Just go to the books."
I do enjoy sharing with other Doc students and their insights can sometimes be valuable, but I do not rely on them for spiritual advice, and those are people I actually meet up with in the flesh. Take care folks.
Posted on: 2014/12/12 20:11
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9)

Register To Post

Array

Spiritual Bazaar

Beware, the Path
is straight and narrow.
We do not endorse these ads
They're computer generated

Thanks Top Posters

1 Robcore 1419