Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes
  •  
Re: Calibration request
Guest_
After LimeyBob's post, let me just make it clear: I did not in any moment (not before writing him neither during neither now) consider the possibility of Robert Smalley being a spiritual teacher / guru for me.

I am not looking for one, either. I am on this path for myself for now.
Posted on: 2013/11/7 15:27
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

estrella wrote:
After LimeyBob's post, let me just make it clear: I did not in any moment (not before writing him neither during neither now) consider the possibility of Robert Smalley being a spiritual teacher / guru for me.

I am not looking for one, either. I am on this path for myself for now.

Hi Estrella

My post wasn't meant specifically for you but was rather based on the gist of the last several posts in the thread. If you took anything I said or quoted to be related to this man Robert Smalley as being a guru/teacher then I apologize.

I have come to think that anyone in this life can be a sort of spiritual teacher to us, although in different ways that we might not necessarily understand.

Sometimes a person can unknowingly help us to become more committed to what we are already practicing.

A few months back I came into contact with a woman on a spiritual site who was into astrology/numerology and a few related things. As I spent more time talking with her I found myself becoming interested in some of the things she was talking about.

To cut a long story short she was trapped in all these ideas and concepts. I ventured into some of them as I mentioned, but realized that they were ultimately of no use in evolving either as a person or in a spiritual way, so once I had detached myself I found myself becoming more committed to practicing what I had been practicing.

Whether this is of any use to anyone else I cannot say, but I thought it might be good to have this on this thread...

All the best

Robert
Posted on: 2013/11/7 16:17
  •  
Guest_
Robert, I really did not see the connection between your Robert Adams quote and this thread but it has been food for thought. I've been told that I throw out stuff that is not connected all the time and yet, I usually have a such a clear connection in mind that it needs no explaining as far as I'm concerned. So, with that in mind, I'll take this opportunity to apologize for my past transgressions and make a commitment to be more clear and concise in the future.

Honestly, Robert, your story in post #52 was far more useful that the quote you shared in post #50.
The quote is really of little use in my mind because it is circular; as the quote itself says, anyone who could follow its prescription is already enlightened. On the other hand, your story is a good illustration of just how easily most of us are distracted. Sadly, some are drawn into things that really are of no use in spiritual growth even though they may appeal to various parts of our being (mental, vital or physical) and they are not easily dissuaded. Funny thing is, I have a copy The Gnostic Circle by Patrizia Norelli-Bacheiet sitting here because it fascinated my intellect. However, it is collecting dust right now because I doubt that it is very ‚Äúspiritually profitable‚ÄĚ.

Nick
Posted on: 2013/11/7 22:30
  •  
Guest_
I found Robert's quote in 50 to be informative
Posted on: 2013/11/8 10:27
  •  
Guest_
... and 52 was useful, too.

Love and blessings to all,
Bruce
Posted on: 2013/11/8 10:55
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

estrella wrote:
....I had a little correspondence with R.S. and over a short period of time, he gave me different calibrations as my current LoC which spanned a rather big range of LoC (from middle 200s to lower 500s). I asked him where this big range comes from and his answer was, that the fact that I am in the ego makes my LoC move around that much.

Dr. Hawkins has pointed out on several occasions that in order for your LOC to make a large change it would only be due to a change in your intention, a change of your "compass heading". LOC is directly connected to one’s spiritual intention. The explanation given to estrella, to explain the wide fluctuation in LOC, makes absolutely no sense at all based on Dr. Hawkins' teachings. The rising and falling of emotional states within your consciousness do not indicate a change of LOC. Based on all I've learned from Doc, I see no reason to believe the LOC numbers given to estrella.
Posted on: 2013/11/9 10:49
  •  
Guest_
Bruce,

That sounds like an awesome intention and goal. I interpret the statement "living one's life as a prayer" as living one's entire life in service to God (a perspective I often forget). I would strongly recommend The Only Thing That Matters, by Neale Donald Walsh, which touches on pretty much the same theme, if anyone is interested in an excellent and inspirational elaboration of this perspective.

Quote:

bruce wrote:
Something I am trying to work on these days is "living my life like a prayer". I want my life to be like the Lord's Prayer. I pray it and think about it every day. (The part: "for Thine is the Kingdom, the power and the Glory, forever and ever", is dross added later so I try to leave that out. (Someone correct me if I am wrong).

Love and blessings,
Bruce
Posted on: 2013/11/21 1:21
  •  
Guest_
estrella,

Such huge changes in LoC over a short time seem implausible to me. I strongly suspect that Robert is simply occasionally fallible, regardless of his own LoC, as all humans are, and the "science" of kinesiology is not totally reliable. Don't forget that even Dr. Hawkins sometimes gave very discrepant readings of the same item or person at different times. I strongly disagreed with at least one measurement from Robert, but that supposed error didn't bother me much.

Quote:

estrella wrote:
Hi Bruce,
Quote:
Did you feel different when the two (or however many there were) calibrations were done?

...more than two... I cannot know what you mean *exactly* by "did you feel different".... because our daily-life experiences/feelings/moods are always distorted by words...
I'd say, however, that anybody realizes in what state one is in a given moment.

Quote:
What do you think about him?

I figured that he maybe actually calibrates the level of consciousness where our awareness is in a given moment. I asked him about that, and his answer seems to indicate that he calibrates the overall LoC.
That's all I can say.
Posted on: 2013/11/21 1:28
  •  
Guest_
Bruce,

I am also not quite sure what to think of Robert, either, but my intuition tells me that he can offer some significant aid in my journey. I am also pretty certain that even if Robert is not truly enlightened, he is pretty close to it and is more spiritually advanced than I am in any case. I believe I can learn something from virtually anyone who is more "advanced" than I am, so I am confident I won't be wasting my time or money were I seek his help as a guide or teacher.

Did you actually pay for two other surveys from him?

Quote:

bruce wrote:
Quote:

estrella wrote:
....I had a little correspondence with R.S. and over a short period of time, he gave me different calibrations as my current LoC which spanned a rather big range of LoC (from middle 200s to lower 500s). I asked him where this big range comes from and his answer was, that the fact that I am in the ego makes my LoC move around that much.

Did you feel different when the two (or however many there were) calibrations were done? What do you think about him?

I got a second calibration that showed me going up 11 points, then I got a third calibration done that showed me shooting down about 70 pts. I believe there may be some truth behind what he measured. With hundreds of points, you should have felt a huge difference, I would think, whether you went up or down. I would be fascinated to hear more about this. I am still not sure what to think about Robert Smalley...

Love and blessings,
Bruce
Posted on: 2013/11/21 1:35
  •  
Guest_
This is a little random, but has anyone ever heard of Mooji? If so, what is your opinion of him? I love his videos on YouTube!
Posted on: 2013/11/21 1:37
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

Register To Post

Array

Spiritual Bazaar

Beware, the Path
is straight and narrow.
We do not endorse these ads
They're computer generated

Thanks Top Posters

1 Robcore 1419