Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes
  •  
Re: Calibration request
Guest_
Wow, that seems like quite a big jump! How long have you been a "seeker", and what teachers/teachings have you studied? Did he actually measure your LoCs that precisely (to the units digit, as opposed to something like increments of 5)?

I won't say what my increase was publicly, but it was definitely lower than yours! :)

Quote:

bruce wrote:
Quote:

SeekerNY wrote:
Bruce,

I am just curious: if you don't mind sharing, how much has your LoC increased since birth according to the survey? Dr. Hawkins once mentioned that the average person's LoC does not increase by more than 5 points in one lifetime, I think.

Since birth, he got that it increased 287 points. How about you?

Love and blessings,
Bruce
Posted on: 2013/9/29 17:04
  •  
Guest_
The lower one was either rounded or coincidentally even. THe upper one was measured to the one's.

There were times in my life when I prayed for divine intervention. My wife had gall bladder surgery on Friday, she is doing well but I gotta take care of her now. I will write at length when I can, hopefully.

Love and blessings
Bruce
Posted on: 2013/9/29 17:29
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

SeekerNY wrote:
Wow, that seems like quite a big jump! How long have you been a "seeker", and what teachers/teachings have you studied?

I have been a spiritual seeker for twelve years. I landed a permanent job in 2001 after many years of studies, and having achieved a lifetime professional goal, it left a void.

The biggest jumps in consciousness came when I prayed at certain times from a non-ego, ego-alien part of myself.

Back in 2002, I was faced with a story about someone in my life and I couldn't tell whether it was true or not. It was tearing me apart and I prayed to God all night one night, that I didn't care whether it killed me or not, but I needed to know the truth. That almost killed me, but I survived.

In 2004, I was having a hard time with my parents. I was in a place 'below 200' (although I hadn't heard of Dr Hawkins yet, so I didn't have such vocabulary). After days without sleep, I spoke to God in an involuntary way in Russian, and said something like: "God, I don't know who is wrong, them or me, but straighten them out or straighten me out because I won't take this anymore". I had a kundalini surge and started acting involuntarily, and ended up in the hospital, but it got me out of where I was.

In 2012, I had a fun summer. Lots of crazy things were going on - witchy-poo curses and demonic attacks. I fought back and prayed for the forces responsible to be removed from the earth. Man, things got really weird! I also befriended a 'being' - not sure she was human, at the hospital.

Anyway, most of my advances have come through prayer, I would say. What I aligned myself with. My spiritual temperament wants rapid progress, even if it is painful. I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, but it is my way. Things this year have been pretty smooth. Helping people heal is very gentle and soothing.

So, that is part of my story.

Love and blessings,
Bruce
Posted on: 2013/9/29 22:21
  •  
Guest_
Thanks so much for your detailed response, Bruce! It was pretty insightful.

I certainly pray to God often and ask Him sometimes to give me the grace and blessings to break the bonds of my ego and help me "ascend" more rapidly. I think i made decent progress when I started two or three years ago. Unfortunately, I am feeling a bit stuck and lost right now, and am not quite sure how to make further progress. Sometimes, it even feels like I am going backwards! It can be a little frustrating on some days.

Maybe I am being too hard on myself, and maybe I need to meditate more (I only meditate about 20 minutes a day). I feel like seeking a guru/teacher's guidance and advice is an appropriate next major step for me.
Posted on: 2013/9/30 21:59
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

SeekerNY wrote:

I certainly pray to God often and ask Him sometimes to give me the grace and blessings to break the bonds of my ego and help me "ascend" more rapidly. I think i made decent progress when I started two or three years ago. Unfortunately, I am feeling a bit stuck and lost right now, and am not quite sure how to make further progress. Sometimes, it even feels like I am going backwards! It can be a little frustrating on some days.

Maybe I am being too hard on myself, and maybe I need to meditate more (I only meditate about 20 minutes a day). I feel like seeking a guru/teacher's guidance and advice is an appropriate next major step for me.

Dear SeekerNY,
In my experience, it is a common trait for us spiritual students to be too hard on ourselves, so that may be true for you. What I've noticed in myself and when talking with others is that there is a hypothetical ideal that the mind or the self-judge attempts to use,as a benchmark. Our perceived progress is compared to that, frankly, made up and bogus hypothetical ideal. How would we know how our path should look right now or how far along we should be right now?

Dr. Hawkins has pointed out that even when we may seem stalled out or not having anything noticeable happening, that it is necessary to just keep on moving forward and to let go of the outcome. That's my paraphrase of some things he said over the years. I know that's easier said than done. Wanting to "ascend more rapidly" may be an attempt to try to control the path which in my experience actually delays one's progress. Again, I can relate that it can be difficult to be patient with the process. Being grateful with any and all progress helps me to let it unfold and be more at peace with the rate at which it unfolds.

I've been what might be called a spiritual student for about twenty years, ten of it as a student of Dr. Hawkins, and I've definitely experienced what seem like dry spells and even wondering if I was backsliding. I've learned not to pay very much attention to that unasked for "voice" that offers its assessment of my progress, and just do my best to keep applying and practicing the teachings with which I resonate.

If you haven't read Dr. Hawkins' last book, "Letting Go", it comes to mind to recommend it to you. It is very user-friendly and very much applicable to everyday life situations. Perhaps it will be of assistance to you, as it has been for me. Take care, Russ
Posted on: 2013/10/1 14:04
  •  
Guest_
Something I am trying to work on these days is "living my life like a prayer". I want my life to be like the Lord's Prayer. I pray it and think about it every day. (The part: "for Thine is the Kingdom, the power and the Glory, forever and ever", is dross added later so I try to leave that out. (Someone correct me if I am wrong).

Love and blessings,
Bruce
Posted on: 2013/10/11 16:18
  •  
Guest_
....I had a little correspondence with R.S. and over a short period of time, he gave me different calibrations as my current LoC which spanned a rather big range of LoC (from middle 200s to lower 500s). I asked him where this big range comes from and his answer was, that the fact that I am in the ego makes my LoC move around that much.
Posted on: 2013/11/5 15:19
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

estrella wrote:
....I had a little correspondence with R.S. and over a short period of time, he gave me different calibrations as my current LoC which spanned a rather big range of LoC (from middle 200s to lower 500s). I asked him where this big range comes from and his answer was, that the fact that I am in the ego makes my LoC move around that much.

Did you feel different when the two (or however many there were) calibrations were done? What do you think about him?

I got a second calibration that showed me going up 11 points, then I got a third calibration done that showed me shooting down about 70 pts. I believe there may be some truth behind what he measured. With hundreds of points, you should have felt a huge difference, I would think, whether you went up or down. I would be fascinated to hear more about this. I am still not sure what to think about Robert Smalley...

Love and blessings,
Bruce
Posted on: 2013/11/5 16:07
  •  
Guest_
Hi Bruce,
Quote:
Did you feel different when the two (or however many there were) calibrations were done?

...more than two... I cannot know what you mean *exactly* by "did you feel different".... because our daily-life experiences/feelings/moods are always distorted by words...
I'd say, however, that anybody realizes in what state one is in a given moment.

Quote:
What do you think about him?

I figured that he maybe actually calibrates the level of consciousness where our awareness is in a given moment. I asked him about that, and his answer seems to indicate that he calibrates the overall LoC.
That's all I can say.
Posted on: 2013/11/6 15:48
  •  
Guest_
I don't know whether the following quote from a guy called Robert Adams is relevant or not, but it might provide food for thought (as long as it isn't McDonalds)

Quote:
The whole idea is you have to let go of all types of longings, wantings, desires. You have to become a true devotee. It means you don't care anymore. You're not interested in getting anywhere or trying to do anything. Simply get lost in the teaching itself without looking for answers, without trying to become enlightened; without saying I have to do this, I have to do that. You just live every moment, by moment, by moment in devotion, in love, in joy; not thinking whether you're going to get enlightened or not get enlightened; whether you'll make it in this life or not. The person who is like this is already enlightened, already free.

Finding a teaching/teacher that/who is worthy of our devotion is where we don't seem to have a clue, until we stumble upon it apparently by accident...
Posted on: 2013/11/7 15:19
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 »

Register To Post

Array

Spiritual Bazaar

Beware, the Path
is straight and narrow.
We do not endorse these ads
They're computer generated

Thanks Top Posters

1 Robcore 1419