Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  
Re: Questions about Dr. Hawkins Bio
Guest_
Russ,

I understand the part about the testee/arm not knowing what the test is about and thus not being able to influence the result to to some unconscious bias, but that doesn't mean that every two person team will test "blind" in this way...

I have found when it comes to this topic covering spirituality that it's best not to make too many inferences or deductions from source material...

When it comes to solo testing, what's to stop a solo tester from doing a blind test by having a dozen identical unmarked envelopes, and in each envelope having either the title of a book, or the name of a person, or something else, and then testing the LoC of the thing written in the envelopes... wouldn't this preclude any biases as to the results? (this may be a hypothetical argument - if another member has done this in real life, let us know).

Just trusting a test because it was done by a pair of testers doesn't seem sound to me, rather accepting at least in principle multiple solo tester's results is a better bet, unless they all happen to have the same unconscious bias about what they are testing... if you go by probability/numbers...
Posted on: 2012/11/23 18:54
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

estrella wrote:
candle wrote: Quote:
(According to Doc, anyone reading his books is inevitably looking to reach the 600s+)

I have never heard that anywhere, when did he say such a thing? I do have the wish/intent to align with the Divine's Will on a moment to moment basis, but I am not sure that I am looking to reach the 600+ (in this lifetime, and this is all I can be concerned with right now and here.)

From Devotional Non-Duality
Chapter - The Inner Path:

"Comfort and confidence can be derived from a verifiable reality that the rare persons who are actually attracted to Enlightenment as a life goal are attracted because that is already their destiny (calibrates as true).
For the same reason, only future golfers would be taking golf lessons."
Posted on: 2012/11/24 5:52
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

LimeyBob wrote:
Quote:

candle wrote:

As i've been hinting at since this book was announced, most people on this forum, consciously or subconsciously, refer to "spirituality" as something that calibrates as 500s+.

(You're free to disagree, but after careful reading of the forum for years now, it seems implied from it's use that 500s is a "subconscious trigger" for what's "spiritual" or not. I'll happily discuss how everything is "spiritual" in a different context though)

Is "spirituality" related to "spiritual reality" in any way shape or form, as in TLC the LoC rance of 500 to 599 are denoted as spiritual reality?

I don't quite understand what you're asking here and it's context, so I'll just respond to a general point.

--------------------

I'm not sure when the 400s of "objectivity" became more important than the 500s of greater spiritual truth -

(actually i do know when... It's been ingrained into Western Culture since the Age of Rationalism and John Locke)

- but it seems the misconception that the 400s have some greater empirical "objectivity" that's trumps all other perspectives, still holds sway among many of Doc's students.

It's seems the discovery of Quantum Physics and Heisenberg has not yet permeated the consciousness of the those in the 400s who still think this way.

(And why would it? It's outside of that LoC and completely deconstructs most of the world-view of the 400s)

The "higher" truth, whether it's called "spiritual" or not, is that there is no such thing as an "objective" anything.

"Science" and Quantum physics(500s+) easily verifies this...
That consciousness affects everything at the most fundamental "objective" level - the sub-atomic level.

So the spoon Joe is looking at, is different than the spoon Mary is looking at, because they are each affecting the spoon differently, sub atomically, and therefore it's two different spoons;
Mary's spoon and Joe's spoon.

Actually "There is no spoon" (Name that movie!)

The above referenced quote is a paraphrasing of the Zen parable.

Quote:
Two monks were arguing about a flag. One said: "The flag is moving."

The other said: "The wind is moving."

The sixth patriarch happened to be passing by. He told them: "Not the wind, not the flag; mind is moving."

-------------------------------

So when i hear that anyone wants to be "more objective" about a subject and thinks that the 400s are closer to a non-existant "objectivity" than the "biased" 500s or 600s, i would immediately suggest they read Power v Force.

But when a student of Doc's says this, I wonder if they "got" what Doc spent 7 books explaining in the first place.

Even if one wants to argue that "Objectivity" somehow exists at the level of non-duality, it still doesn't make rational sense that the LoC of 500 is somehow less clear and objective than those below it.

As again, it is both counter-intuitive and completely antithetical to what Doc (and all the enlightened being before him) explains about what "Truth" is.

-----------

But more likely, it's a complete misunderstanding of what Love is..
ie.
emotional, biased sub-200 "love",
better know as Lust and Animal Attraction,
vs.
Spiritual Love which is stunningly UNbiased and multi-perspective.
...(Seeing BOTH Mary's spoon AND John's spoon and Steve's and Susan's....)

Edited by candle on 2012/11/24 6:53:50

Posted on: 2012/11/24 6:36
  •  
Guest_
Hi Bob,

Take care, Russ
Posted on: 2012/11/24 11:19
  •  
Guest_
Objectivity "exists" in the 400s and today it probably means that getting as near to it as possible in reporting a story, where the intent is not to color it in one way or the other. Pure objectivity does not exist, yes, but we say "this is more objective than that".

Also, finding out details / content about s.th., can help getting a broader big picture. For instance, reading the biography, is also learning how God acts in the details of a life of an advanced being.

There is not necessarily an either / or (either I am interested in Hawkins' "message", "teachings"; or I am interested in the details of his teachings, details of his life, rational explanations for elements in his teachings etc).
Something that is important to one need not be important to another; so for some, Hawkins' life might not be important, for others it might be, or at least interesting to learn about it; still both may learn a lot from the teachings.

Edited by Blindshiva on 2013/1/4 18:00:38

Posted on: 2012/11/24 13:27
  •  
Guest_
A clarification about the oprah interview that Rob mentioned.

Dr Hawkins was talking about an advanced state and Oprah asked if it was drug induced. The doc said no.

Oprah never asked him if he did drugs.
Posted on: 2012/12/18 21:55
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

CamA wrote:
A clarification about the oprah interview that Rob mentioned.

Dr Hawkins was talking about an advanced state and Oprah asked if it was drug induced. The doc said no.

Oprah never asked him if he did drugs.

listen to audio interview with David R. Hawkins, presented by Oprah Winfrey Radio Show, "Soul Series'', host Oprah Winfrey, aired Thursday, 31. May 2007 – YouTube film, posted by 18. August 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBu9DbPQr30 minute 9:22 Oprahs question on doc taking drugs. he circumvented the answer.
Posted on: 2013/1/7 19:41
  •  
Guest_
in the bio it says that Doc wrote a manuscript on 'Sam's' technique of releasing guilt.

Is that possible that Letting Go is that manuscript?
Posted on: 2013/1/8 12:02
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

Mch60360 wrote:
in the bio it says that Doc wrote a manuscript on 'Sam's' technique of releasing guilt.

There is info about the origins of Letting Go on this thread: http://www.level-of-consciousness.org ... p?topic_id=102398&forum=5

All the best

LB
Posted on: 2013/1/8 16:21
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

Mch60360 wrote:

Doc talked about the book project he and Lester Levinson had together and that did not come about because they parted ways -- dont remember where he said that.
he downcalibrated Lester L.
at another occcasion he implied (without saying LL's name) that it as due to his greed. LL did not allow him to teach the Releasing method for free to nuns and monks who had taken a poverty vow and were suffering from ecclesiastic neurosis.
Posted on: 2013/1/8 17:44
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

Register To Post

Array

Spiritual Bazaar

Beware, the Path
is straight and narrow.
We do not endorse these ads
They're computer generated

Thanks Top Posters

1 Robcore 1419