Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  14 Votes
  •  
Re: Mamadshah
Guest_
I don't know enough about the life of Hitler to really give you a good answer...
But being systematically and willfully evil doesn't mean 400s.
The scale isn't a scale of intelligence after all. The 400s are the realm of reason and understanding reasons...but having a reason doesn't mean 400s....understanding reasons does. It's a scale of awareness...conscious-ness.
Quote:
The LoC's are maybe not steps towards relative truth as I perceive it but rather steps towards the bigger truth. "Integrous" is not altogether synonymous with "right" - it just reflects a higher "intentionality"??

Yeah, I think that's getting closer. 1000 is the nearest we can get to the absolute in this realm...
the absolute being the infinite context of beingness that is beyond description.

-Rob
Posted on: 2006/4/18 3:30
  •  
Re: Mamadshah
Guest_
Just want to say thanks for the discussion. Will be back from time to time.
Posted on: 2006/4/18 3:38
  •  
Re: Truth vs. Falsehood
Guest_
Just returned to this subject. A quote from a poster:

"Good news for those who don't like Michael Moore and his movies. They are at 185,195 (Bowling for Columbine and Farenheit 9/11)

One discrepancy that I noticed was that on page 38 of The Eye of the I he says that there are 22 sages who calibrate at 700 or above. In the new book, he says that there are 3 that calibrate at 700 or above! Was there a mass extinction or something. Kind of strange."

Another poster stated how Dr. Hawkins' calibrations changed his political stance.

Conclusions based solely on Dr. Hawkins' calibrations are troubling to me. Especially coming from someone who has the presence of mind to notice discrepancies in his calibrations. They become conclusions based on faith, not reason.
Posted on: 2006/5/16 9:58
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

RobS wrote:
Just returned to this subject. A quote from a poster:

"Good news for those who don't like Michael Moore and his movies. They are at 185,195 (Bowling for Columbine and Farenheit 9/11)

One discrepancy that I noticed was that on page 38 of The Eye of the I he says that there are 22 sages who calibrate at 700 or above. In the new book, he says that there are 3 that calibrate at 700 or above! Was there a mass extinction or something. Kind of strange."

Another poster stated how Dr. Hawkins' calibrations changed his political stance.

Conclusions based solely on Dr. Hawkins' calibrations are troubling to me. Especially coming from someone who has the presence of mind to notice discrepancies in his calibrations. They become conclusions based on faith, not reason.

"Life changes" <- that one is for you
Life is change <- that one is for me
Posted on: 2006/5/16 10:49
  •  
Guest_
That sounded a bit like a put-down to me, but maybe I'm over-sensitive :). Surely we're not supposed to go through life k-testing endlessly to be sure we're keeping up with the times?

But I do agree: Life is change. Who needs k-test "freeze frames" of yesterday's news?
Posted on: 2006/5/17 7:51
  •  
Guest_
I would love to try therapy based on Hawkin's work. Can you recommend a certain type of therapy or practitioner?
Posted on: 2006/8/18 11:42
  •  
Guest_
Transpersonal psychology sounds like it might be interesting. It validates higher levels of consciousness even borrowing from buddhist-like teachings instead of just curing neurosis.
Posted on: 2006/8/18 14:44
  •  
Guest_
Not sure what kind of therapy you're looking for, but AFT draws some from the MoC / Hawkins as well as ACIM.

http://www.the-tree-of-life.com/gogsrc.htm
Posted on: 2006/8/18 16:52
  •  
Guest_
Hi all,
I am a new here, and, unfortunately just started reading Power vs Force, and reading different opinions I understood that the patriotism is high ranked in the David's list.
I do not know what does it mean "high", much above 200 or...
In my opinion patriotism some centuries ago or even several decades back could be considered as positive,(if at all) but today, I do not know.
Patriotism is, at the end of the day, way of separation, and today, I believe we are working on the oneness, on the creation of one new organism, of the organism called humanity.

In any case I will be more productive here after having read David's book.
Namasthé
alija
Posted on: 2010/1/6 20:22
  •  
Guest_
Alija...

Welcome! I'll run through some thoughts that might clear things up for you, not sure what might help...

Hawkins has mentioned a distinction between "patriotism" and "nationalism," the nuance being in the positivity of the former (coming from a higher field) and negativity of the latter (coming from a lower field). To understand patriotism, I'll borrow an illustration I've heard my wife (Charity), Rob (robcore) and possibly even Hawkins use in various contexts...

With patriotism, at the root you are pro your country, not anti other countries. You don't need to dislike or hate vanilla in order to like chocolate and you choose to appreciate and stand behind the ideals of your country. Patriotism itself is neither xenophobic nor staunchly ethnocentric. An American can be pro-America and a loyal citizen, yet share a sense of being kindred spirits with the Canadians across the border. Many volunteers that travel to other countries to help fellow humans dealing with harsh conditions are not only patriots of their own countries, but humanitarians with compassion.

Nationalism, however, blends in the adoption of negative and often anti views, as seen in nazi Germany and even in some countries of the world today. A sense of nationalism may lead Iranians to swallow government fed hatred and fears of Israelis and woe to the Israeli who stumbles into a rally of staunchly nationalistic Iranians. To be nationalistic often parallels with siding with the chocolate and hating the vanilla rather than seeing either as a choice or preference. In this sense, nationalism is divisive.

Having and seeing borders and geographical separation of countries itself also does not infringe on unity as a species. In the United States, borders exist between counties, yet they work together under the larger identity of a state. Likewise, borders exist between states, yet the states work together under the larger identity of the country. Each county or state may have variations in how they govern themselves, yet they come together to form a whole... United States.

Unity does not always mean all must converge into one single entity. Consider the marriage between a man and wife. The two come together as two entities, unified in spirit through the marriage even as they remain two entities within that unification. To pull this parallel out politically, unity of humanity need not be achieved through the disolution of all borders to become one nation. Unity can be in how all nations interact and whether they truly identify themselves as an entity co-existing with other entities under the larger umbrella of humanity (as states operate under the larger umbrella of a nation).

It's an attitude, not a political disolution.

The concept of worldwide unity seems like a pipe dream today and, honestly, is probably very far off even though we may catch glimpses in some situations at some times or in the relationships of some countries. When placed on the Map of Consciousness, some nations are more "mature" (if you will) than others with regard to consciousness. Afghanistan is fragmented by fierce tribal loyalty to a degree so disruptive as to hinder any sense of whole as a country, for example. It would be unreasonable to expect this to rapidly evolve to the point where a unified identification as a nation is not only achieved, but also a global view of a unified humanity. It takes time.

Perhaps these thoughts help?

Tim
Posted on: 2010/1/7 0:55
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Register To Post

Array

Spiritual Bazaar

Beware, the Path
is straight and narrow.
We do not endorse these ads
They're computer generated