Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  4 Votes
  •  
Re: Devotional Nonduality
Guest_
Quote:

"get rid of the conditions, no more duality... i think the doc calls it radical subjectivity...lol".
Sounds rather nihlistic.

I perceive the same, and I've been hesitating to post where I see that nihilism. I will not write it down because truth "is always hidden in plain sight".
Posted on: 2008/1/3 3:29
  •  
Guest_
"get rid of the conditions, no more duality... i think the doc calls it radical subjectivity...lol"

Well, radical Subjectivity is the Source of objective duality and is present in duality. Nonduality isn't something to be accomplished by getting rid of duality, even if that were possible, which it isn't. Even the Doc muddles around in duality; it doesn't go anywhere. Duality is primarilly a perception in mind. How would one not think a thought?

I suggest we can leave duality alone and learn to let go of our attachments to it. That's where the 'problem' lies.

Phil
Posted on: 2008/1/3 4:24
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

enigma wrote:Duality is primarilly a perception in mind. How would one not think a thought?

I suggest we can leave duality alone and learn to let go of our attachments to it. That's where the 'problem' lies.

Phil

Yes, and I would add that we leave also the expression "problem" alone.... There is no problem with me as I know it is perception...
Posted on: 2008/1/3 7:05
  •  
Guest_
That's a good point, Phil, and I'd thought about that after posting. It's really an academic thing, which is fine because, yes, there is a lot of academic discusion here.

However, one does not "do away with duality" by eliminating this or that. The perception of duality dissolves with spiritual progress into ranges of consciousness where duality is not the perception.

So, just work to progress and the non-duality will fall into place as a perception when it does.

Tim
Posted on: 2008/1/3 7:36
  •  
Guest_
"Yes, and I would add that we leave also the expression "problem" alone.... There is no problem with me as I know it is perception...

Yeah, that's why I put it in 'scare quotes', but knowing that something is a perception doesn't make it go away, although we can soitainly pretend it does. Making a problem out of the expression 'problem', doesn't actually solve anything.
The problem with policing our expressions as a means to solve problems is that this game of pretending becomes yet another problem.

Phil
Posted on: 2008/1/3 20:36
  •  
Guest_
Yes, it suits me too
Posted on: 2010/2/28 20:19
  •  
Guest_
Kind of see your point. Self Inquiry using "Who am I?" was good. That moved up to simply "I" which is now a new mantra which creates good change in the work of clearing out my mind. It leads into wordlessness, a powerful wordlessness, at the risk of invoking cries of "duality". Let's just say "wordlessness" and please experience this for yourself, it is the "Strong Attractor", is it not?
Posted on: 2012/3/14 1:35
  •  
Guest_
Do nothing all that duality is you,its a part of you any practice,mantra,teckniq, or a "how" then your just dulling your mind...i simply pay attentention to everything going on with the inner and the outer. meditation is your daily way of expression of living
Posted on: 2012/5/29 19:47
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
« 1 2 (3)

Register To Post

Array

Spiritual Bazaar

Beware, the Path
is straight and narrow.
We do not endorse these ads
They're computer generated

Thanks Top Posters

1 Robcore 1419