Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  4 Votes
  •  
Re: Devotional Nonduality
Guest_
Quote:

Bryan wrote:
Dr. Hawkins will be releasing his new book, Devotional Nonduality sometime this year. If I find out when I'll let you know.

In the interim, I was curious how you practiced Devotional Nonduality.

I think that there's no Nonduality to practize.
If you practizie Nonduality you create a duality: You and the one to practize.
Nonduality is something that is the nature of us. You have to be aware of the duality and you become more and more nonduality.
Posted on: 2006/10/8 16:02
  •  
Guest_
Hi guys

(pasting, in part, something I wrote to another forum to save time)

This book is very good. It is addressing some level confusion issues from many angles overtly and subtley. There is also a great sub-chapter entitled "Spiritual Evolution and the Problem with Specialness". This book leaves no place for ego to hide. It shines a lot of light in even the most secret and hidden of hiding places. :)

Looking forward to you all getting your copies for those of you who haven't yet!

For those who have - how are your experiences with it? Are you finding that some of the confusion between teachings contradicting themelsves are disolving with this book due to (what feels like) "lines between the lines"?

It feels like it is blasting apart all excuses and many befuddlements and previousl confusions. :)

With the obvious and paramount help of God and HS of course, this book feels like a light saber slashing ego to shreds. Okay, exagerating for fun there - but you know what I mean.

:)
ann
Posted on: 2006/10/8 22:36
  •  
Guest_
anyone have any online excerpts?
Posted on: 2006/10/9 0:28
  •  
Guest_
It really is a great book. I'm only about half way through but the organization of the book is very appealing to me. It is causing quite a few nice little "Aha" type moments. Of course that isn't unusual with doc's books. I think this one is likely to supplant I Reality and Subjectivity as my favorite. Of course I love the others too. The only other book that's given me this many "Aha's" is the Bhagavad Gita.

As an excerpt here you go. I chose one that specifically addresses the other anon's comment that there is no non-duality to practice.
"It's actual practice is not so much a matter of 'doing' but a way of 'being' or aligning with the subjective awareness of life....spiritual work is more like noticing and becoming aware rather than 'doingness' per se."

That being said there's a great chapter on spiritual practice. I'm grateful to the doc for his work. Peace.
Posted on: 2006/10/10 16:03
  •  
Re: Devotional Nonduality - New Book
Guest_
Quote:

anonomous wrote:

Hi guys,

Typed up a few quotes from the new book to share... enjoy! :)

"The purpose of the work here presented is to share the subjective unfoldment of Inner Realization in such a manner that it potentiates the process in the student and provides the essential information that facilitates the major evolution of the Subjectivity of Reality as Awareness. The intention is to potentiate the spiritual aspirant's inner search for the ultimate source of Existence as the Radiant Divinity that is simultaneously 'within' and 'without', and simultaenously neither, yet both." - Page xiv, DPG - Devotional Non-Duality in the *Introduction*.

"Effective spiritual endeavor is a consequence of constancy and persistence rather than fits and starts of enthusiasm. Each state of spiritual evolution is self-rewarding, gratifying, and complete unto itself. The moments of prior anguish are found to have been worth the effort. " Page 100, DPG- Devotional Non-Duality under the subtitle *Constancy*.

"It is important to realize that the destiny of those who choose Enlightenment is Enlightenment - who else would be on such a quest? To merely seek spiritual purification and awareness is already a great gift. There is no point to wondering, How am I doing? for the compass has already been set by dedication and devotion to the highest Truth. While the pace may seem slow or arduous at times, it is best to be prepared for sudden unexpected leaps. It is wise to avoid pessimism, even after a seemingly long, dry period of frustration, for such periods are due to overcoming major obstacles and attatchments that often presage major changes." - Page 101 - DPG, Devotional Non-Duality under the subtitle *Constancy*.

"Sometimes personal ego limitations are transcended but the ego is very clever and seeks to survive by incorporating spiritual concepts that thereby create what is known as the 'spiritual ego'. It may display itself as feeling superior to others, or more pure, or that it calibrates higher. Sometimes the ego's vanity is the wish to be considered 'spiritual'." Page 140, DPG- Devotional Non-Duality under the subtitle *Spiritual Evotion and the Problem with Specialness*.

And from Page 255, DPG - Devotional Non-Duality , last answer to last question...

Q: "What statement would summarize a whole life of spiritual expereince and dedication?"

A: "Gloria in Excelsis Deo!"
Posted on: 2006/10/13 8:46
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

anonomous wrote:

Hi guys,

Typed up a few quotes from the new book to share... enjoy! :)

"The purpose of the work here presented is to share the subjective unfoldment of Inner Realization in such a manner that it potentiates the process in the student and provides the essential information that facilitates the major evolution of the Subjectivity of Reality as Awareness. The intention is to potentiate the spiritual aspirant's inner search for the ultimate source of Existence as the Radiant Divinity that is simultaneously 'within' and 'without', and simultaenously neither, yet both." - Page xiv, DPG - Devotional Non-Duality in the *Introduction*.

"Effective spiritual endeavor is a consequence of constancy and persistence rather than fits and starts of enthusiasm. Each state of spiritual evolution is self-rewarding, gratifying, and complete unto itself. The moments of prior anguish are found to have been worth the effort. " Page 100, DPG- Devotional Non-Duality under the subtitle *Constancy*.

"It is important to realize that the destiny of those who choose Enlightenment is Enlightenment - who else would be on such a quest? To merely seek spiritual purification and awareness is already a great gift. There is no point to wondering, How am I doing? for the compass has already been set by dedication and devotion to the highest Truth. While the pace may seem slow or arduous at times, it is best to be prepared for sudden unexpected leaps. It is wise to avoid pessimism, even after a seemingly long, dry period of frustration, for such periods are due to overcoming major obstacles and attatchments that often presage major changes." - Page 101 - DPG, Devotional Non-Duality under the subtitle *Constancy*.

"Sometimes personal ego limitations are transcended but the ego is very clever and seeks to survive by incorporating spiritual concepts that thereby create what is known as the 'spiritual ego'. It may display itself as feeling superior to others, or more pure, or that it calibrates higher. Sometimes the ego's vanity is the wish to be considered 'spiritual'." Page 140, DPG- Devotional Non-Duality under the subtitle *Spiritual Evotion and the Problem with Specialness*.

And from Page 255, DPG - Devotional Non-Duality , last answer to last question...

Q: "What statement would summarize a whole life of spiritual expereince and dedication?"

A: "Gloria in Excelsis Deo!"
Posted on: 2006/10/13 8:46
  •  
Guest_
I have the doc's 2002 lecture dvd on meditative and contemplative techniques, yet I find the chaper describing this in Devotional Nonduality to be very informative. He clarifies meditation practice in a way that he hasn't before. It sheds light on much information in his earlier works. Doc basically recommends 3 styles in his teachings

1. Self-examination
2. Through the mind- you find the silent stillness situated
before thought and are led to the energy behind
thinkingness itself to surrender.
3. Past the mind-doesn't talk much about this in previous
works though he briefly demonstrates it in the above
mentioned video.

The first "heals" the ego. The latter two transcend it. As I was already working on one and two I'll continue with those. Even though doc makes the comment that three is the simplest and fastest.

This is just one of several little aha's.
Peace.
Posted on: 2006/10/27 15:04
  •  
Guest_
I was not even aware that Dr. Hawkins had another book out since Truth vs. Falsehood - which I read in five days as soon as it came out.

I recently described my practice of Devotional Nonduality this way:

My belief: God is.
My faith: See God in all things.

That's it. Now, what this looks like and feels like to me depends on what I am working through at the time. I watch my thoughts without judgment. Some are Love thoughts. Some are fear thoughts. Some are conscious. Some are subconscious. Thoughts that limit the expansion of consciousness beg forgiveness.

What my daily practice looks like recently shifted...

I recently let myself be guided - without attachment to outcome - through a process whereby I could clearly observe my subconscious pattern of wanting to be perceived as "desirable" in the context of school - authority figures, grades, being labeled "special" so that those authority figures would stop asking me to "jump through hoops" and just let me learn in my own self-directed autodidactic way. That old story - that yearning for others to see me as I saw myself - was never complete, never fulfilled. In a Holy Instant, I just let the whole thing fall away and prayed for clear vision. Suddenly, I found myself admiring everyone I saw - everyone with whom I spoke - admiring them as they are right now.

That same day, I was also guided to pick up the Ramtha white book - which I read during the following week. In it, Ramtha describes the soul's hunger for new experience and the accumulation of wisdom through the feelings of new experiences. With a more open mind - freed from the social conditioning of thoughts of rank, I am now able to bear witness to the wisdom - regardless of its calibration - of my Brothers and Sisters with equanimity. Always, I remind myself to focus on the Christ within each one of them.

That is what my practice of Devotional Nonduality looks like today. When the time comes to confront and forgive yet another veil, it may very well look different.

I no longer have any feelings either for or against American public schooling. However, I do have gratitude for the wisdom afforded by my experiences. Furthermore, I am able to maintain the attitude towards others that I had previously wanted my school teachers to have towards me and my classmates.

-Randall

By the way, my support - my witnesses to healing - comes in the form of an 'A Course in Miracles' circle. I have gratitude for the purity of focus and the mutual abiding commitment to healing through the practice of 'Course' teachings present in this group. We save our social chit-chat and tangential insights for open discussion during a fellowship meal following each weekly meeting.
Posted on: 2007/5/12 22:19
  •  
Guest_
duality is simple... first there must be a condition, then once the condition is set like binary there is a status set. IE hot cold, good bad, true false, here there, future past, up down,

get rid of the conditions, no more duality... i think the doc calls it radical subjectivity...lol
Posted on: 2007/12/31 3:23
  •  
Guest_
Quote:

Sorcerer wrote:
get rid of the conditions, no more duality... i think the doc calls it radical subjectivity...lol

Sounds rather nihlistic.
Posted on: 2008/1/2 17:00
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
« 1 (2) 3 »

Register To Post

Array

Spiritual Bazaar

Beware, the Path
is straight and narrow.
We do not endorse these ads
They're computer generated

Thanks Top Posters