Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  4 Votes
  •  
Transcending the Levels of Consciousness, The Stairway to Enlightenment
Guest_
I received my copy of Transcending the Levels of Consciousness, The Stairway to Enlightenment. I've only had a chance to read the first few chapters and I'm amazed.

I'm kinda curious what this book will end up being called because it has such a long title. I think I like Stairway to Enlightenment.

The new book does a great job of breaking down the obstacles that we all face in our lives. I think that this book is Dr. Hawkins best yet. The primary reason is that I think it could appeal to anyone regardless of the LOC.

I has inspired me to create a new site. I've learned a lot from this site and the new site will take the best of what I've learned and should expand it quite a bit.

This site will remain, it's focus is the discussion of the Doc's work, especially the first 4 books. I'm frustrated by software limitations. The code behind this site is messy and I'm moving to a new language, Ruby, that will make the site easier to extend functionality.

The new site is going to be something a little different. It's going to focus on helping everyone not just people that find spiritual discusion fascinating. :)

My hope is that by avoiding certain topics it'll allow the real genius of Doc's work to shine through.

I'll post the link when the new site is ready. Hopefully in a week or so, it's hard to predict. It's a labor of Love for me.

I'd appreciate if you could say a prayer asking God help me manifest my vision.

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season. :)

You can help cover hosting costs by buying the book here:

Edited by Bryan on 2005/12/15 16:19:44
Edited by Bryan on 2006/3/2 12:12:28
Edited by Bryan on 2006/3/4 9:51:49

Posted on: 2005/12/14 18:49
  •  
Re: Transcending the Levels of Consciousness, The Stairway to Enlightenment
Guest_
Hi Bryan,
thanks for your information and your intention and work for another site.
blessings on and prayers with it.
I�m looking forward to see it get started and flourish.

keep up the good work.

Edited by Bryan on 2005/12/15 11:59:44
Edited by Robcore on 2012/1/3 16:01:05

Posted on: 2005/12/15 6:46
  •  
Guest_
Here are the contents of the new book.
The book has 5 sections:
Sections 1 - 4 deal with the individual Levels of Consciousness.

Each level is described then the Critical Factors are revealed that help us free ourselves from each level. These are presented as simple charts that show the limiting beliefs on the left side and the belief that will help transcend that level on the right hand side.

While these were interesting to me, the real value comes from being able to recognize the beliefs that may be holding you back.

Section 5 recontextualized my understanding of Levels of Consciousness.
LOC's are the dominant paradigms through which we view the world.

There is a fantastic chart on page 332 that describes the Life View of these paradigms.

The 500's have this quality:
You understand our perceptions as Content and in Context.
You realize our perceptions are Subjective and can change in an instant.
You tend to approach everything with Love by giving it attention.
You tend to behave in line with your intentions.
Because you see the world as subjective, you are more free of your emotions because you see them as separate or abstractions of yourself.
Your dominant thought patterns stem from the Etheric and Right Brains.
You tend to view the world in a Spiritual Way.
You appreciate and value the contributions of others.
You tend to act in a selfless way because you realize that is the Path to Peace, for both the World and for yourself.

page 315 has a great chart on the Temptations of each level.
So a tip that might help people that visit this site is to realize that there is a strong probability that your LOC is in the 400's.

The dominant temptations of the 400's are:
Intellectualism
Getting Stuck in Cause and Effect
Rationalization - Moral Relativism

On seeing this chart, I realized that when we on this forum have had 'battles' it's because of Moral Relativism. We all tend to want to believe that the World means whatever we want it to mean.

This is a tricky thought, because it's true and it's not true.
We tend to perceive the world how we want to perceive it. Our LOC will filter our reality.
However, our filters may prevent us from finding Peace.
for a better description of Relativism please read pages 220-225 in Truth vs. Falsehood.

The new book is awesome. :)

Those of you that have the book, Please share any ideas that you have found interesting.

Edited by Bryan on 2005/12/15 16:23:01
Edited by Bryan on 2005/12/15 16:25:12
Edited by Bryan on 2006/3/6 19:35:48

Posted on: 2005/12/15 12:26
  •  
Guest_
Brian -

Thanks for the recap. I am reading it and taking my time as there is so much to absorb. I even sleep with it near my head in hopes I can soak up the energy as I sleep. LOL

I appreciate you pointing the pages out and putting some of the info on the site. It is so true about our Loc will filter what we see. I struggle with that cause I know what I see isn't necessarily true but it is where I am at. I need to continue to surrender and trust that God will have mercy on me as I do the best I can with where I am at.

I cannot wait to get further along in the book. Thanks for this site and thanks for the new site you are allowing God to manifest through you. This site has helped me in my journey in a lot of ways, especially in pointing out my limits to Love LOL.

May you continue to be blessed as you are a blessing to us.
Posted on: 2005/12/15 12:52
  •  
Guest_
thank you for your review of the book Bryan! sounds awe-some!

-Rob
Posted on: 2005/12/16 4:42
  •  
Guest_
looking forward to receiving it after what has been posted here.

I wish I could remember where I first saw the name David Hawkins and thank them for introducing me to him... perhaps it was all preplanned destiny.. I feel like this is merely the path I'm supposed to take, like transcending the ego is now inevidable...
Posted on: 2005/12/17 19:10
  •  
Guest_
Stairway to Enlightenment is nice, but still pretty long.
In keeping with the 3 letter theme (PvF, TvF, Eye), my preference would be TLC.

Transcending the Levels of Consciousness is a book of Tender Loving Care from the doc. :D
Posted on: 2005/12/17 23:10
  •  
Guest_
TLC
( TLC from the Doc )

That's good Mark. :)

I've added TLC to the Poll.
Posted on: 2005/12/20 9:28
  •  
Guest_
I just read the first few chapters. So far, the book is pretty amazing. The descriptions of the below 200 levels is very helpful, just because I know I tend to exist in those levels when I get negative sometimes. The descriptions and information given seem to "recontextualize" those negative emotions.
Posted on: 2005/12/21 17:45
  •  
Guest_
Very disappointed. The ad for this book was that it would be a practical book. He doesn't go into how to transcend the levels of consciousness. He discusses many important points that he has gone into in his DVD lectures - that I buy monthly since I can't attend the Sedona lectures personally. But I thought he'd go into meditation or some contemplative exercise that one could use to say, transcend grief, fear, pride, reason, etc. Just my 2 cents.
Posted on: 2005/12/31 4:14
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
(1) 2 »

Register To Post

Array

Spiritual Bazaar

Beware, the Path
is straight and narrow.
We do not endorse these ads
They're computer generated

Thanks Top Posters

1 Robcore 1419